Snowy Owl in So.Cal.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Showed up in recommended.

We occasionally get these in downtown Madison WI. Or in the university forest nearby, picking off the songbirds and squirrels. But it’s amazing to see one of those guys on a roof near a palm tree!

They’re beautiful but supposed to be very bad luck, so I’m never sure how to feel when I see one.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am not free of superstitions.
I don’t walk under a ladder.
But black cats and owls never bothered me.
We had a black cat as a pet named Black Jack.
Us kids kept my father from shooting him out of mistaken identity (thought he was a skunk).

Anyway us PF members should recognize the significance of unkempt tail feathers (young bird).
and this isn’t the first bird to go astray recently.
The magnetic pole’s of earth are moving and the magnetic field is weakening.

I recommend people watch
suspiciousobserver on YT.
spiceficl his disaster play list.
keep in mind I don’t necessarily agree with ALL his theories.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
So well stated Wes!!
It is always so sad that 'News Experts' get it wrong, so often!! Snowy Owls Migrate from the far Great White North to the edges of the Snow Lines during the Winter to assure a good food supply.

That one, came a bit further South then normal and the Tail feathers are just as likely an issue of being young or have crow or even smaller Birds chancing s/he.

Wes, I love your mind: "The magnetic pole’s of earth are moving and the magnetic field is weakening." With the heavy dependance of our World on electricity, the reality of a Magnetic Reverse should be getting far more media play than it is, especially with our ever greater dependance on Navigations Systems and self-driving (even walking) stuff.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Wasn't Hedwig one of those?
Yes!

They are such beautiful birds and really amazingly soft to touch. Unfortunately their talons are amazingly sharp so one doesn’t often get to touch a snowy owl.

That baby bird must have been REALLY LOST to be in Southern California. Either that or it’s tired of living on the tundra and going for a complete lifestyle change.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Here is a link to scientific paper regarding migratory birds going astray.

Most Reactions

Latest posts