So I just bought $40 worth of formula a few days ago...

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
And Alex decided that day that he would finally give up the formula. He was still on two feeds a day (At nearly 5 months old so it's about time) and now I'm lucky if he will eat a spoonful at night! What does one do with a massive bag of formula you don't really need?! :p:rolleyes:

Typical Alex.

:mad::rolleyes::D

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Oh dang, that sucks! But...yeaaaa, your baby is weaned!

Maybe you could donate it to a rescue orginization or a vet clinic or a breeder?

Toni

OP
Amber

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
I'll be keeping some on hand for awhile just in case he still wants a feed every not and again, but donating it sounds like a neat idea! I might have to see if their is a parrot rescue close by that could use it. Or even any shelter!

Oh man Sabbath, you're hand rearing your little guy too right? I know exactly what you mean, especially with a messy boy like Alex and me using a spoon, it would get in his feathers on his crop sometimes. And no matter how well I wiped it off, their was always a tiny bit that would manage to stay their. And it's like trying to remove a chunk of cement from your bird! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts