So I just got this beautiful bird and I'm not sure what type of conure it is.

Keitheva60

Jul 5, 2023
Parrots
Four parakeets in one cage (a big cage) and I just got a conure. Not sure what kind and he is in a bigger cage than the parakeets
20230705_143838.jpg

OP
K

Keitheva60

Jul 5, 2023
Parrots
Four parakeets in one cage (a big cage) and I just got a conure. Not sure what kind and he is in a bigger cage than the parakeets
Welcome to the forums!

Your bird appears to be a sun conure!
I've heard everything from son to Sunday to Jen day because of his different coloring. That's what I'm kind of wondering

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I say sun because of the amount of green on the wings and back. If he was a jenday, he’d have completely green wings.
If he were a Sunday, I’d think he’d have more green.

How old is your bird?

OP
K

Keitheva60

Jul 5, 2023
Parrots
I say sun because of the amount of green on the wings and back. If he was a jenday, he’d have completely green wings.
If he were a Sunday, I’d think he’d have more green.

How old is your bird?
From what I was told he's somewhere between a year and a half and two years but I'm not positive. I got him from somebody who could not keep him at their apartment anymore because he was attacking other birds. That were all free flying

OP
K

Keitheva60

Jul 5, 2023
Parrots
Yeah, I agree, he's a sun conure
Thank you! The girl I got them thought he was a gender because he has a few blue feathers under each wing

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
He is beautiful!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts