So proud!!! :)

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
I finally did it. After 3 seemingly loooonnnggg months, Bartleby stepped onto my finger :eek: I took him into another room and practice "up" with him. He's got it like a pro now. Then I intoduced him to his playpen in our living room, he sat there for about a half hour. Then he flutted onto the floor when I started to walk out and followed me back into my room. He stepped up on my hand and I placed him on my computer to chill there while I worked on a few stuff. Juat a few minutes ago, I put him into his cage where he's chilling and preening at the moment. I'm sooo proud of him and myself. I thought it would NEVER happen. One thing I did learn is he does NOT like to be pet anywhere or cuddled (OUCH!!!) but still, he enjoyed sitting on my hand. :jumping40Here a picture of him on my laptop if you want to see (sorry for the poor quality, it was done on my phone):
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture666-bartleby-chilling-my-laptop.jpg

I'm so excited!!! :) Everyone, thanks a million for all the support through helping me with Bartley!!! (Especially Aussie Ben and Beilana!)

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
:04:Yeeeehaaaa! Well done buddy! Persistence and patience always pays off. So so happy to see Bartleby is finally starting to settle in and relax. He looks pretty chilled in that photo. Top stuff mate:cool::59:

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Such fantastic news!! I'm so happy to hear that Bartleby is having such fantastic progress. Good job being so persistent, patient, and undrstanding. Bartleby is very blessed to have such a good dad.

And a big round of applause to Aussie Ben and Beilana for helping so much!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Woot! You two both worked so hard. Be sure to give yourselves a little reward.

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Thanks somuch guys for your support!! And HRH Di, I gave the whole piece of spray millet for doing so well!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That's such great news Ap, congrat's on being patient.
Ditto to all the members who assisted you, fantastic job you guys.
Ap you are a remarkable young man, your birds are so fortunate to have you.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG

I second that, especially the latter part :)

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet

I thank you as well Antoinette. Just hearing stories about your adventures with Mishka inspire me to do the many things that you do :) . And thanks, you're making me blush :08::08:

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Yay congrats! It feels good when the little guys finally warm up to you. I'm sure fairly soon he will accept scratches. Are you sure he is a male? He looks like a female pearl to me.

Thanks!!! He actually let's me give him scratches through the cage bars. Honestly, I agree with you. I do think Bartleby is a girl. She just finished molting and she has not lost her pearl coloring. If a male is born with a pearl mutation, he loses it after the first molt. She hasn't so I do believe it's a female. But she responds to Bartleby. I'll leave it at that.

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
YAY!!! Congrats Ap!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and bartelby :) Your fids have a wonderful parront. Just goes to show with time, respect and patience anything is possible!

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
YAY!!! Congrats Ap!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and bartelby :) Your fids have a wonderful parront. Just goes to show with time, respect and patience anything is possible!

Thanks sooo much Beilana. I have a little credit to give to you and Ben for really helping me out with Bartleby ;) Kudos to you two! (And Eddie, Buddy, and Hiroshi :D)

Oh ok I wasn't sure if you knew that. Baby the male I posted a picture of is a pearl I believe. I just wasn't sure if you were informed of that the males lost the learning. Well she is cute whether her name is masculine or not.

I'll check it out. You posted a thread of her like this morning or last night right? And even though Bartleby's a girl, she's very tough and strong for a cockatiel I've ever seen. :eek: (I've seen over 15 different cockatiels in my life)

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
LOL, I got confused for a second but then I knew you meant pearling. Yup, Baby is definately a male. Plus in some male color mutations, the male has a dominant yellow head with bright orange cheeks (which is what Baby has) but for females, their heads are yellow and grey, and their orange cheeks are kind of dull. Females also have bars on their tales I believe.

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
LOL, yeah, when I fist got her, the guy giving her to me was like, oh you can't seex cockatiels unless you get a blood test. So at the time, I just assumed she was a male Then, I went to my bookstore, bought the book Cockatiels for Dummies, and it taught me all about sexing tiels with certain color mutations. I learned that Bartleby was actually a girl, but I didn't want it to be true, LOL. But now, it means I got two baby girls. That's better than boys who have raging testosterone levels!!!

Most Reactions