Some sad news.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This morning, about 6.00 am I got up to feed Bonnie, she laid in my hands and after about 2 mins she quietly passed. Needless to say we are devastated. It was like she held on just so we could hold her for the very last time, and say our goodbyes. I know that both Bonnie and Clyde, although they fought hard, didn't stand much of a chance, but they had so much love in their last days and for that I'm grateful.

Thank you to all of you here, for all of your love and best wishes, I'm sure that helped them a lot. Thank you. I'll let you know what the vet finds once he has finished.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I knew I soon as I saw the thread what this was going to be about. It is very sad to think about what kind of lives these little guys must have had and how the person who did it to them should be punished.

But I know that thier last day were happy and I know the little bonnie and clyde knew this too. It makes me happy to know that they got to feel what real love is, even if was only for a small period of time.

now Peta.... dont sell them on ebay. ok?
j/k

they are in a much better place now

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
:17::mad::17::mad:

Peta, you did everything you could ... and it was a valiant effort. The next step, I guess, would be to try and figure out who did this and make sure they don't have any more birds ...

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
It's so sad that something like that happened.

What I wouldn't do to those people that left them on your doorstep :mad:

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Bonnie and Clyde will always be remembered. May they both fly free and enjoy the happy place they are now in. Im sorry for your loss, i believe you did the best you could out of love for both of them, and they definetely knew it.

Wilma.

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Peta, I am sorry to hear this. At least Bonnie and Cylde made it to a friednly place in the end. You are a wonderful person for helping them as you could.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Peta, you did everything you could ... and it was a valiant effort. The next step, I guess, would be to try and figure out who did this and make sure they don't have any more birds ...

Thats my next quest, I'm pretty sure some of my neighbours must know or have seen who this was, purely because of where I live. Hopefully I'll find this creep and pay him a visit :16: :16: Firstly a very friendly visit, just to see if there are any more birds in this persons home.

Thanks Chi, you have a way of bringing a smile to my face, :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
SO sorry to hear... Good luck finding the creeps that let this happen. Lets hope they don't have any other birds. I will never understand how people can do this to anything. :mad:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Im really sorrey Peta. I too had a feeling this thread would be about her. RIP Bonnie. I hope you do find the people who left them like that.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
I am putting my "dibs" in here ... I get any greys this person/people have ... and should they have a B&G Macaw ... I might take dibs on that too! :mad::D:18:

~ Tex

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I am putting my "dibs" in here ... I get any greys this person/people have ... and should they have a B&G Macaw ... I might take dibs on that too! :mad::D:18:

~ Tex
I'll certainly keep that in mind, but if Christy is reading this
"No Tex you can't have them" :D

See that way I won't be getting in trouble, you will.

Thanks everyone, I've been going through all the emotions possible "did I do everything I could for them"
"maybe I could have done more"
"maybe ..............."
I'm concentrating now on the fact that for the last few days of their lives, they were warm, fed and more importantly loved so much. They came to me together and are now together for ever.

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could in your power to keep them. I would find out who did this too!:cool: ;)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
... I've been going through all the emotions possible "did I do everything I could for them"
"maybe I could have done more"
"maybe ..............."
I'm concentrating now on the fact that for the last few days of their lives, they were warm, fed and more importantly loved so much. They came to me together and are now together for ever.

You are going to question yourself for a long time, but please, don't "beat yourself up" over it. What you did for those little birdies went "above and beyond" the call of duty! I really and truly believe that you physically did everything you could do ... I hate to say it, but Bonnie and Clyde were just too neglected by the time that their owner finally did something nice for them for it to have helped. And THAT right there is what is really upsetting! :mad::mad:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, I think deep down I knew that their chance of survival was slim, but I had to give it a shot. They deserved some love and kindness in their short time with us. Thank you.

Bucc has been asking "wheres da babies" and then calling them like he does when he sees the dogs in the garden. :D

Most Reactions