Sorry for the bad pic (it’s from a rehoming ad), but boy or girl? They are about six months old. Thanks in advance!

idk.avery

Jun 27, 2022
Parrots
Blueberry 🫐 (budgie)
2868B01F-C2FA-450B-AFE6-25EF656A5764.jpeg

I’m still not great at determining gender, (especially in little ones) but white near their nostrils means girl, right? Or maybe I have it backwards. Help is greatly appreciated lol.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I am personally lousy at picking male from female given all the various mutations that are around now. You may be right in your assessment, however, this post was written by one of our budgie experts, so it may help you in the meantime while we wait for someone a bit more knowledgeable to spot your post weigh in!

Very sweet little birdie, btw, thank you for taking her (or him) in! 🙏

OP
idk.avery

idk.avery

Jun 27, 2022
Parrots
Blueberry 🫐 (budgie)
I am personally lousy at picking male from female given all the various mutations that are around now. You may be right in your assessment, however, this post was written by one of our budgie experts, so it may help you in the meantime while we wait for someone a bit more knowledgeable to spot your post weigh in!

Thanks, I’ll check it out next! And haha, I can’t take credit just yet, I’m still looking at the ad and asking the owner some questions (currently have a single budgie that I want to get a friend yubut I’m very nervous about getting another bird) :)

thanks, I’ll check it out next! and haha, I can’t take credit just yet, I’m still looking at the ad and asking the owner a few questions (I’m very nervous about adding a second member to my “flock” but think it’ll be for the best)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).

Most Reactions