Space heater recommendations?

somerandomgirl360

Nov 18, 2021
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Two Budgies
Just created an account here. I've been looking to get a space heater for myself and my fids recently. A lot of the brands I've heard were decent look like they have been discontinued. I want to make sure I buy something that won't harm my little babies. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for joining in search of safe warmth! Ideal device is oil-filled electrically powered radiant heater. Typically mounted on wheels for easy transport, various temperature and timer adjustments. Avoids deadly Teflon/PFOA/PTFE chemical outgassing associated with heating metallic elements. Sample image, you'll find wide variety of brands and sizes.

NETTA-2500W-Oil-Filled-Electric-Heater-Radiator.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Another vote for the oil filled space heater. The only issue with them is their limited ability to warm up a largish room. We use a very small cube shaped heater in our bathroom in the cold months, but I had let it run for a few days in our garage to make sure any volatiles burned off before bringing it upstairs on the same floor as Salty.

Most Reactions

Latest posts