Sticky threads

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
where are the quaker sticky threads?

I know I put information in them. I see other species still have sticky threads. So what's up?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sticky Threads are created by a moderator, but also members. Those's are reviewed by the moderators as to their relevant information for a specific species, etc.. An example of that can be found in the Amazon Sub-Forum, which has two Sticky Threads both created by members and reviewed by the moderator(s) who found it /them to be highly relevant for that species. Members can recommend that a Thread become a Sticky because of its relevance.

If you would like to create a Sticky for a specific species, I would recommend that you have a discussion with a moderator regarding your interest and what they would want to see as part of such a Thread.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Huh! I swear I've read a sticky here before, something like "all you need to know" or "ABCs of Quakers"

Maybe I'm thinking of a different site, or somewhere here that wasn't stickied - I read loads of ringneck/Quaker/conure threads before joining so 🤔🤷‍♀️

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yes there definitely used to be st least 2 sticky threads at top of quakers. Because I added in them the quakers mutilation syndrome, tendency to become screamers, and plucked, and about re homed. And it already included cage protection tendencies as as other info.

The behavior forum, also no longer has sticky. There definitely used to be a few there as well. Like ABC of behavior, dealing with screaming and others

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I have found things missing in Threads that I and others had created. Sad that so much had been lost to the transition from one platform to another. The losses are odd as they are from complete Threads to Segments of Posts to entire Posts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts