Still life with parrot. :)

Whistler

Aug 10, 2022
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Meyers, English budgies, American budgie
C801C9E0-36FD-410E-86F2-DB00E9B62B66_1_201_a.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Meyers parrot has much less yellow on his head than your bird pictured here. But I was told he is a boy. Do you think he is actually a female bird? I can’t find good pics of boy Meyers vs. girl Meyers to compare.

OP
Whistler

Whistler

Aug 10, 2022
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Meyers, English budgies, American budgie
My Meyers parrot has much less yellow on his head than your bird pictured here. But I was told he is a boy. Do you think he is actually a female bird? I can’t find good pics of boy Meyers vs. girl Meyers to compare.
He's a DNA'd boy :)

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
I've had all my parrots DNA-sexed as part of their wellness blood labs. I never asked, but recently my avian vet made the matter-of-fact statement that DNA sexing is now about 99% accurate. I am tempted to get them all tested again. Call me crazy. And, it so happens, her office recently switched to a different lab for blood work, so it would be a more interesting test...of the testing.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
No, no. I’m asking about MY bird who has much less yellow on his forehead than yours. I know Meyers are somewhat sexually dimorphic and thought maybe mine is female. Here is a photo of Jasper. Do you think Jasper looks like a boy or a girl?
F59CDE6F-3A70-421A-8472-9BA734950DA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Most Reactions