Stitching buddy? More like stitching pest!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I'm trying to organise my hundreds of threads and albie has other ideas

Attachments

• 20220517_092139.jpg
    20220517_092139.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-20220516-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20220516-WA0015.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 55

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Albie: 'You do it wrong. I halp.'
You: >.<

LOL! I remember when Springer and Arcee were still alive. They were always in my art supplies! SOme of my artwork still has bird nibbles along the edges...

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awww, but he's so stinking cute, you can't possibly get mad at him for wanting to join in. I bet he'd be awesome at pulling stitches if you needed to do some re-work. :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Awww, but he's so stinking cute, you can't possibly get mad at him for wanting to join in. I bet he'd be awesome at pulling stitches if you needed to do some re-work. :)
He does like to pull the needle for me when I'm stitching but then I can't get the needle off him 😆

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is so cute! Albie looks like he's enjoying his new toy...I see new thread in your future:)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Albie thinks you should store the blue thread HERE, in his cage, near the back.

And only touch it when he says you may.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie thinks you should store the blue thread HERE, in his cage, near the back.

And only touch it when he says you may.
Oh absolutely, he's so funny. I had to chase him around the living room to get it back! And even then , I had to bribe him with an empty bobbin card (nutri Berry did not work! Safflower seed did not work! Pop corn did not work !)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
That is so cute! Albie looks like he's enjoying his new toy...I see new thread in your future:)
There's always new thread, it's just convincing hubby why I need it when I have 6 and a bit boxes full .....

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
There's always new thread, it's just convincing hubby why I need it when I have 6 and a bit boxes full .....
I have a couple drawers full of wool tapestry thread if you’re short…

I bet Willow or Albie would love preening short lengths of tapestry thread.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I have a couple drawers full of wool tapestry thread if you’re short…

I bet Willow or Albie would love preening short lengths of tapestry thread.
Well considering he's been running of with my threads, it wouldn't surprise me !

Thank you for the kind offer , but I'm not sure what I'd do with tapestry wool as I use 6 strand embroidery thread :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well considering he's been running of with my threads, it wouldn't surprise me !

Thank you for the kind offer , but I'm not sure what I'd do with tapestry wool as I use 6 strand embroidery thread :)
I thought it might be more color stable than embroidery thread or might wear better so I’ve gotten some canvases and done them with tapestry wool instead of floss.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I thought it might be more color stable than embroidery thread or might wear better so I’ve gotten some canvases and done them with tapestry wool instead of floss.
I think tapestry wool wears better for projects that either have a low ct fabric (11,6,etc ) or for projects that get used more like cushions or blankets .

I work on 16ct or 18ct aida that i usually do 2 threads over 1 square and onmthe 18ct it can gey a bit bulky (I do have a huge piece of 28ct even weave coming tomorrow, the highest count I've ever bought,its a bit daunting really, i imagine itll either be 2 over 2 or 1 over 1,it depends on the pattern i guess )

Most Reactions