Story of my budgies

foxgloveparrot

Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal parrot) Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)
Just wanted to share this adorable story of Ziggy and Kai. I got Ziggy from a breeder first, after three years of living with my pionus, Dash (RIP). Ziggy and Dash got along, but after a little bit of having Ziggy, he started to show signs of loneliness and after watching him for a bit, I decided he could use a friend. I was completely prepared for the second budgie to not like Ziggy, I bought a large flight cage with all the toys and perches the second bird would need if they did not end up liking each other. Kai joined the flock in 2014, I got him from the same breeder Ziggy is from. Kai was about six months younger than Ziggy, so not a huge age difference, but enough for Ziggy to be pretty mature already and Kai to be a fledgling. After Kai's quarantine period was over, I began to introduce the two, but I wanted to take it slow. The birds had other ideas. The moment they saw each other, they flew straight to the same perch and cuddled up next to each other. Love at first sight!

Tikitiel

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Riyadh
Parrots
Tiki the lutino cockatiel(gotcha date: 4/3/2017 Hatchday: ???)Tango the sun conure(Gotcha date: 14/5/2011 Hatchday: 6/3/2011 R.I.P: 3/4/2018)Flitch the sparrow(gotcha date: 10/9/2021 R.I.P: 10/9/2021)
i wish that happened with tiki and tango..
they despise each other
cant put then in the same room even if they are in the cage!

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal parrot) Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)
i wish that happened with tiki and tango..
they despise each other
cant put then in the same room even if they are in the cage!
Jasper cannot handle it if I even glance at Lilla, he is SO JEALOUS of her for some reason.

Tikitiel

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Riyadh
Parrots
Tiki the lutino cockatiel(gotcha date: 4/3/2017 Hatchday: ???)Tango the sun conure(Gotcha date: 14/5/2011 Hatchday: 6/3/2011 R.I.P: 3/4/2018)Flitch the sparrow(gotcha date: 10/9/2021 R.I.P: 10/9/2021)
Jasper cannot handle it if I even glance at Lilla, he is SO JEALOUS of her for some reason.
LOL-
the same for millit and pidgey
legit attack each other when its time to feed the other guy

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Ziggy and Kai are now partners in crime...they do everything together. Of course, 99.9% of those things are not good things. They hide in laundry baskets together, bite Lilla's tail together, steal Cricket's food together, discover where I keep the millet together, and best of all, poop on my bed, my laptop, and my food together. The little boys have been practicing their "who, me?" face these days.

Most Reactions

Latest posts