Strange symptom? Occasional twitch. Lovebird

two_fishes

Jan 26, 2015
Our lovebird has developed a small twitch once or twice a minute, he twists/twitches his little body to his right, and peeps. Has anyone seen a symptom like this?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
How frequent is the twitch - is it literally constant or once or twice per minute during an episode? Can you think of any change that may have preceded this condition? Any other symptoms associated with this behavior?

Are you able to make a video and upload so members can observe? I have no experience with Lovebirds but many here do. (best way to upload video is via YouTube link)

OP
T

two_fishes

Jan 26, 2015
No it is a single twitch once or twice a minute. So it's hard to call it an episode, or anything like that. He's been completely normal until we observed this this morning, and he's acting normally otherwise. In fact, he's preening my beard as I type this. We've found a vet that is open today, and we're taking him in to get looked at.

OP
T

two_fishes

Jan 26, 2015
The vet thinks it was probably a response to skin irritation/inflammation as a result overpreening and feather plucking.

Most Reactions