Stuffed sweet peppers

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
I mashed sweet potato and squash, mixed it with finely chopped jalepeno peppers, sarano peppers and kale. Added in some fax, chia and millet seeds for fun, then stuffed into peppers. I then baked the stuffed peppers until they looked done (sorry, I'm no chef and dont use timers)

Anyway, he seemed to REALLY enjoy these. After eating out the stuffing, he got to shred the pepper!

I'm not sure if he loved it because it was good, it was new, or that I was hand feeding it to him. Likely a little bit of all three....

Anyway, this story is useless without pics.....

12249791_10206831697448831_5277375311051230208_n.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Now that recipe sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for the great pics. Looks like it was truly a success. I will definitely have to try this. My fids love 'new' things. :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
That's a great recipe, thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to try this new idea! Loved the photo of Loki enjoying his treat!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I do this with my Parker, he loves it! I just don't cook, I serve it raw. It's a wonderful dinner delivery system.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a wonderful recipe! I can't wait to try it with my guys.

Most Reactions

Latest posts