Suggestion for my umbrella cockatoo

Perezmaylin

Sep 3, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Hello,
I just got a male umbrella cockatoo, he is 7 and very sweet but I noticed that every time he sees himself alone with not one around he starts to scream very loud nonstop. I’ve already try different things, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Kash

Feb 9, 2020
Pakistan
Parrots
Green winged macaw (2 years old) Named Zack
Hello,
I just got a male umbrella cockatoo, he is 7 and very sweet but I noticed that every time he sees himself alone with not one around he starts to scream very loud nonstop. I’ve already try different things, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
Well
These birds are highly intelligent species and social too...they are attention seekers
Same is the case with my Macaw...unfortunately I tend to his needs immediately and reinforced him negatively
If your bird is doing it you can stop this behavior by ignoring him completely when he screams a lot...when he stops screaming then bring treat of his choice and give to him immediately. This way he will think that the the reward for stopping screaming is his favourite food
My Macaw used to scream a lot whenever I went away to cook or change clothes then one day he was meowing like cat and I immediately came to his room
Now whenever I'm away he become a cat lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts