Sun conure crop impact ion/hard crop(may be urgent)

Siaarn

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Sunny(sun conure)
Hello! I have a 12 year old sun conure named Sunny(original i know), yesterday I noticed he looked like he wanted to get something out of his mouth, which lead to me checking out his crop, it feels very hard, so I believe it may be impacted, it might also be that he’s swallowed some fibre from his sisal rope perch(which I got because I was told it was safer), anyway! I am trying my best to get a lift to the avian vet in the city, but I’m not sure if I can get there till tomorrow, I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to keep him safe and healthy if I do have to wait another day?

He isn’t presenting as sick, he’s still eating and drinking, but I know birds hide illness well as I’ve had birds before.

Here’s a TikTok I made of his behaviour if anyone’s interested, from before I noticed his crop felt hard: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSeKQhmKb/

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Scary! Definitely avian veterinarian as soon as possible.

You can try wrapping in towel and open beak shine a flashlight in and see if you see something.......??

OP
S

Siaarn

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Sunny(sun conure)
Scary! Definitely avian veterinarian as soon as possible.

You can try wrapping in towel and open beak shine a flashlight in and see if you see something.......??
I tried looking but I’m not very good at holding him steady so I couldn’t see well, I have an emergency appointment tomorrow, I just hope he’s okay overnight. My poor boy, I wish I was an avian vet.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I tried looking but I’m not very good at holding him steady so I couldn’t see well, I have an emergency appointment tomorrow, I just hope he’s okay overnight. My poor boy, I wish I was an avian vet.
We all do at times. I hope all turns out well, sending love his way.

Most Reactions