Sun Conure (Help)

ROBERTG1994

Dec 24, 2023
Florida
Parrots
Sun Conure
We recently got a Sun Conure. This is our first time owning a bird. We had him on a perch next to us and he keeps climbing over to us and screeching by our face. I attached a video, does anyone know what this means? It doesn't bother me I'm just curious. Also he is not squished he placed himself there.

Attachments

• 20231224_185312.mp4
    6.9 MB
Last edited:

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
Conures are very loud and vocal, something you learn to love lol 😂 (deal with) my two green cheek conures are very vocal. Looks like he is just being cuddly to me. Any updates? He might be bonding or looking for some attention and affection from you.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww1 He's cuddling and muttering sweet nothings to you! My conure does similar things, often burying himself at the nape of my neck. Enjoy!
P.S. You have a very handsome scruff!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I think he is very happy and content.

I don’t have any conures but from what I have heard in the past that’s not a scream.

OP
ROBERTG1994

ROBERTG1994

Dec 24, 2023
Florida
Parrots
Sun Conure
Conures are very loud and vocal, something you learn to love lol 😂 (deal with) my two green cheek conures are very vocal. Looks like he is just being cuddly to me. Any updates? He might be bonding or looking for some attention and affection from you.
Yeah he seemed to really bond with me. He will abandon everyone else for me haha. But he's been very naughty lately by biting hard especially my ear.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OMG he's as happy as can be. He's probably reacting more to the phone than anything else. Sun conures in my experience are super chill. they fact he doesn't move as he chirps is yep I'm busy with my cuddler.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
We recently got a Sun Conure. This is our first time owning a bird. We had him on a perch next to us and he keeps climbing over to us and screeching by our face. I attached a video, does anyone know what this means? It doesn't bother me I'm just curious. Also he is not squished he placed himself there.
Well Rob I think that the little guy loves ya. It wants to be with you all snuggled up.
Keep up your good work. You might want to address his hard biting

Savvy

Mar 17, 2024
Parrots
Sun conure, my mom's Blue crowned conure that's like 30 yrs old, Brother's turquoise green cheek conure.
It's still a baby mine was climbing on top of my family's heads and pecking at our glasses. After a year or so he might calm down a little, but 10 years later mine still likes to squawk directly in my ear in attemp to deafen me. I think he is just being playful, just like a kitten or puppy stage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts