Sun Pet

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
So I did some more research into my local Pet Supermarket and I discovered that they get all of their animals from Sun Pet. Very little googling makes me extremely worrisome about this, but I don't like the idea of just abandoning a bird there that I have been calling almost daily to make sure he's still there. (They can't reserve him for me or hold him after purchase and I physically cannot bring a bird home until July 10th) I was wondering if anyone had any input on this matter.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
What kind of bird is it? Have you been Visiting the bird and getting to know it, or just calling about it? IF you have Not been spending significant amounts of time with this bird, in its presence bonding with it, then you do not need to consider it "abandoned" if you don't purchase it.

I don't know anything about that store. But I do know this, I purchased my Sunny (sun conure) from my local Petco. NOT because I want to support a big chain store, but rather because I fell in love with her. I kept going back to visit her and eventually bought her and brought her home. I have Not regretted that choice at all. She was definitely the bird for me.

So IF you feel this bird is THE ONE bird for you, then I don't think you should worry Too very much about this store.

BUT, if you doN't think it's the bird for you, then remember that INTEREST in a bird is NOT OBLIGATION. If they are not willing to hold a bird for you then it is because they believe there are others who would buy it; and again, in that case, you are Not abandoning it.

As far as the breeder or where they source their pets and how they treat them, it sounds like you are motivated to continue your research. I hope you can find the information you are looking for, and if you do not choose to purchase from them, then I hope you find a good breeder to work with instead. :)

Most Reactions