Sunny got an upgrade!

Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
Sunny has a brand new cage! We just have to assemble it. With Skye being so stubborn and refusing to leave his cage, we think it’s best that Sunny gets his own more roomy set up. So the toys came in, the cage came in, and now it just has to be put together. On another note, we have a beautiful blue budgie on hold that we will pick up at 9:00AM this Saturday. This blue one will be going to the vet at 10AM Saturday before we bring it home. That way Sunny and the newbie can see each other through the cages while we wait for the bloodwork and gram stain to come back. It only took 2 days with Sunny so hopefully by this time next week Sunny will have a new cage mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ohhh your MBS is in the acute stage!!!! Enjoy your rainbow budgie population!! :) :) :)

I'm starting to think these are your budgies, and the whole daughter thing was a slight if hand!! :)

OP
I
Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
Ohhh your MBS is in the acute stage!!!! Enjoy your rainbow budgie population!! :) :) :)

I'm starting to think these are your budgies, and the whole daughter thing was a slight if hand!! :)

Oh no, Skye is hers...he’s definitely her baby. I’m just the doting grandma. Lol. I get all the perks and none of the chores. It’s a win win! Like when the grandparents feed the kids I’ve cream for breakfast then send them home! Only...in bird form.

OP
I
Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
Oh boy, I think I’ve lost my marbles. 2 new babies coming home on Saturday. Both will be vet checked the same day. One will be for Sunny and one will be for Skye. Both new birds will stay in the small cage until the gram stain and bloodwork comes back, then one will move in with Sunny in his new cage. Skye’s friend will be kept in the small cage until Skye gets his booty in gear for his visit to the vet. Maybe a friend in sight will do the trick where everything else has failed!

This 4th one is grey and white and beautiful. And ALL MINE!!! I guess I don’t get to just supervise cage cleaning time anymore.

Yup...I’ve definitely lost my marbles.

Jasmine333

Dec 7, 2019
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Green and Yellow Male Budgie
Best of luck with the newcomers, Sunny and Skye. Only thing is, I'm sure you've heard already, birds put in cages together will tend to bond with each other and not people. Post pictures of the new ones with the others. May it all work out for you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts