Sunny says Hi!

Mandy82

Feb 1, 2021
Media
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Sunny Sun Conure
Hello - Just brought home a 12 week old (I think) Sun Conure; her name is Sunny and she is my icon.

I've been reading the forums on diet and sleep time because the information on what a bird needs has changed a lot since I had my last hookbill.

Since I've gotten her home, I'm working on getting her to her new cage and home. She seems to be doing well.

I have her on a seed mix, with fresh fruits and veggie and a couple of nuts as a treat.

Would welcome advice on any warning signs of something going wrong.
:orange:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
congratulations and welcome! So glad to hear you are continuing to research, as things have changed a lot. Keep us posted and pictures never hurt either ;) I will post a link to my "new to parrots" comment-- I know you have had birds in the past, but this post outlines some major things that a lot of people overlook. here you go: http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/88384-new-bird-owner.html

I'll post another on behavior in general-- here you go- I know this doesn't apply to you directly, but it may eventually and the mindset is what is more important than anything. My response is below the original poster's question.http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/88156-i-need-advice.html

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
My little Miss Sunny Sun Conure says "Hello!" to your little Miss Sunny Sun Conure!

Mine is such a happy bird. I am sure yours will bring you lots of joy!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hi,
As I and others have sick burds.i can't stress enough to have a digital kitchen scale and weigh your bird weekly at least. First thing in the morning after morning poop is best for true weight. Your bird will likely still be gaining weight and maturing. For weight loss take grams lost divide by normal weight and x 100 = % lost. More than 3% weight loss make an appointment with vet. Even if no other symptoms.

Welcome to the forum. My Sunny have a happy healthy long life with you.

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Sunny, thanks for joining! Looking forward to pics and videos!!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome to you both!
A seed diet, imho, is excellent! Many disagree!
But, there are great seed mixes, and far from great! For pellets, I highly recommend, TOPS! In your part of the country, you should find excellent prices, but shop! I have paid $14-35 for the same size bag! TOPS themselves have good deals!

Most Reactions

Latest posts