TAMING KAKARIKI

LYNDYLU

May 20, 2022
Hi. We have had our yoing Kakariki about 4 months. He will fly on our head and shoulders take food from us and jumps down and sits and plays around us but whatever i do i cant get him to come on my finger. Tried the usual leaving hand in cage etc. Any advice will be appreciated.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Time......4 months good start for a bird that wasn't completely hand raised....Your doing awesome...Keep up the treats. Maybe literally like tape millet to hand.

OP
LYNDYLU

LYNDYLU

May 20, 2022
Time......4 months good start for a bird that wasn't completely hand raised....Your doing awesome...Keep up the treats. Maybe literally like tape millet to hand.
I will try that. What a great idea. Thanks

OP
LYNDYLU

LYNDYLU

May 20, 2022
Been trying the method you suggested and it worked a treat. Thank you. Happily jumps on my hand for treats and also visitors now.

Most Reactions