Tee shirt spelunking

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Our sun conure has taking up this goofy behavior lately! i had hand surgery 2 weeks ago, and my wrap on the left hand is huge so I have been having to wear large tee shirts to fit over there bandage/cast. Sunny has discovered how she loves to dive down the top of my tee shirt!! She will slide down my chest then tummy, come out the bottom, run up my arm and do it again, and again, and again…😆 like a kid on a slide set. When she gets tired she will perch on my undershirt and get comfy and take a nap. She gets still, starts beak grinding and then goes to sleep. Think I may be stuck wearing these goofy tee shirts now….
I’m really hoping this isnt a hormonal thing or not a good behavior- she seems to love doing it. There is no weird preening, rubbing or anythin. Just seems to be playing then gets nice and cozy

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Likely not Hormonal, more likely a Sun Conure being a Sun Conure.

What, your not happy with your Sun Conure's choice in your fashion. Welcome to the joy of Parrot life!

Enjoy!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Our sun conure has taking up this goofy behavior lately! i had hand surgery 2 weeks ago, and my wrap on the left hand is huge so I have been having to wear large tee shirts to fit over there bandage/cast. Sunny has discovered how she loves to dive down the top of my tee shirt!! She will slide down my chest then tummy, come out the bottom, run up my arm and do it again, and again, and again…😆 like a kid on a slide set. When she gets tired she will perch on my undershirt and get comfy and take a nap. She gets still, starts beak grinding and then goes to sleep. Think I may be stuck wearing these goofy tee shirts now….
I’m really hoping this isnt a hormonal thing or not a good behavior- she seems to love doing it. There is no weird preening, rubbing or anythin. Just seems to be playing then gets nice and cozy
My green cheek does this too, but he prefers to go in my jacket or hoodie sleeves then comes out the neck.

D

Deleted member 42416

My sun conure, Angelo, will go for any open sleeve if she can…we call it “armpit inspection”. She does this human vocalization muttering alà Donald Duck during the inspections. I think I pass…most of the time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts