Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I know some of y'all have been wondering. Terry asked me to let folks know that she's been away from the forum this week due to some medical issues. She had a routine procedure last week, and had some complications, and likely a virus on top of it. (not covid) All things considered, she's in pretty good spirits and will be back with us as soon as she's able. I know she'll appreciate whatever prayers and positive thoughts you wish to offer. :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Terry, I am sorry to hear that you have been so very sick. Sending prayers for your speedy recovery and hopes that you find renewed strength with each new day, and that we see you back here among us very soon. πŸ’πŸŒΊ

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I have an update. A little more info that I didn't have before, and the situation as it is now...

When they did the anesthesia for a simple routine procedure, Terry had multiple esophageal spasms and stopped breathing, causing her to aspirate, which caused aspiration pneumonia. Add to that, some kind of virus causing severe nausea, so she hasn't been able to keep food, drinks or any of her maintenance meds down. At all. Not pretty, really dangerous and blatantly negligent by the healthcare system in my opinion. (I work in the healthcare industry)

A week and a half later, after a doctor visit and two trips to the hospital, they finally gave her a diagnosis and at long last some meds for her nausea, and antibiotics for the pneumonia. She's finally starting to be able to keep things down, but still pretty much out flat and may be so for a little while. She misses being here with you all more than you can know.

She wanted me to pass along a huge THANK YOU for your prayers, support, and kind words. Please keep them coming. She appreciates them so very much. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Agh! Not Terry! She's not allowed to get sick! Sending warmest healing thoughts and prayers from across the Specific Ocean, Terry. Take this opportunity to really relax and get your body back to fighting fitness. We look forward to seeing you back again, though. Much love! XX :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes, I appreciate it so much.
The first round of antibiotics didn't fix it, and my Dr has been sick so my appt was moved from the 8th to the 23rd. I was trying to hold out until I could see her but was getting worse so I went back to the ER a couple of nights ago.
I am worse, the pneumonia is now in both lungs and could be seen clearly in the x-ray. Last time it could only be seen on my CT scan.
He gave me 2 antibiotics, Prednisone, and 2 inhalers.
Hopefully this will do the trick because I miss all of y'all and I miss my birds. I've only seen them twice in the last month because I'm too lightheaded for the stairs.
Fingers crossed that I'm past all this soon.
Again, all of your posts touched my heart and meant so much to me.
I'm easing back in but hope to be back full time soon:)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes, I appreciate it so much.
The first round of antibiotics didn't fix it, and my Dr has been sick so my appt was moved from the 8th to the 23rd. I was trying to hold out until I could see her but was getting worse so I went back to the ER a couple of nights ago.
I am worse, the pneumonia is now in both lungs and could be seen clearly in the x-ray. Last time it could only be seen on my CT scan.
He gave me 2 antibiotics, Prednisone, and 2 inhalers.
Hopefully this will do the trick because I miss all of y'all and I miss my birds. I've only seen them twice in the last month because I'm too lightheaded for the stairs.
Fingers crossed that I'm past all this soon.
Again, all of your posts touched my heart and meant so much to me.
I'm easing back in but hope to be back full time soon:)
Hope you get better soon! Glad to see you back.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It's good to see you back Terry but I’m sorry you are still going through all this. Sending prayers and hopes that you will recover completely and be back among us and your beloved birds very soonπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Most Reactions