"that" time of year already???

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Amy is being a putz the last week :eek: Lunging at me as I walk by,even when he is on his perch stick IF I can get him to step up on it he'll turn his head sharply and try to bite my hand...even putting his bowls in his house he'll run across a perch and try to nail me.:mad:

Jim

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Aw Jim! That just really sucks. It'll get better. Whats it typically, a few weeks or so for Amy to get over it?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh it's been that time of the year for almost a month already down here, Jim. I won't say Salty has been impossible, just more like a jerk. Lunging , yes (but easy to tell when thats coming), increasing his bite pressure when he transfers from perch to hand, and more telling is he refuses a training session. Not often, but a few times in the last month. Same as last year during the mega-mating season we had.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Wow, mellow Amy is coasting this year!
Julio jumped on-board that train with both claws as his Christmas Eve Surprise -- helping Santa as "Mister Coal Master!!!" And, although it is showing signs of slowing he is still on his 'high horse...'

He play a wild card today and challenged his girl friend! That did not go well for him!!! Mrs. Boats clued him in on just Who is the Boss Lady of the House!!!

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Coming from the grandmother of an infertile egg, YES. Vet said he saw a ton of cockatoos with egg issues last week (he said it is that time). Oy lol!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Aw Jim! That just really sucks. It'll get better. Whats it typically, a few weeks or so for Amy to get over it?

Yes Chris it usually lasts a couple weeks,and he is molting his sleeves (since he enjoys being on BB's roof top I've found sleeves in BB's house lol)
After 31 years you'd think I'd know by now! :rolleyes:

Jim

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Just going over some of my tax paperwork.
I thought I would have less as a retire... Looks like I was wrong.

I think Bingo is mostly through his season and the twins only acted strange for 2/3 weeks.
Bingo's season seems to last longer maybe 6 weeks.
Ira7 I am betting on a Girl for your YNA.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio is over six weeks now and although on the downside of the bell shaped curve, still enough flowing that being aware of his body language is highly recommended!

Yup! Retirement Taxes, kind of proves the point: Only two things that are guaranteed is death and taxes.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts