the conure i bonded with the most was sold today :'(

velvie

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
I do not personally own parrots, but interact frequently with them as a pet store employee :)
hi, everyone! i am just kind of feeling down and out about my favorite buddy finding a home yesterday. usually a coworker will text me letting me know when a sale is happening, but this time i had no idea until i came in to work today :((( i am so happy that he has a family that will love him and spoil him and give him lots of room to play but i also grieve the time we spent bonding and building trust with one another. he was such a special little guy. i looked forward to treating him to blueberries and strawberries and (his favorite) apple, watching him learn about how awesome scritches are... all of these memories i will cherish, but i will still miss him so dearly. i love all of our birds tremendously but kiwi and i were especially close, and he was our longest resident out of the birds still remaining. it's so hard to say goodbye! i wish each time they left it wasn't so hard.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I think the hardest thing would not be able to interview the buyer....If I worked at a pet shop I would be like the Seinfeld soup nazi.....NO parrot for you! I hope it came to the best of homes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts