The coolest thing happened .. (pic included!)

Genlisae

Jul 7, 2007
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pepper (Lovebird)
The coolest thing happened while Pepper was playing in his cage today.

HPIM0156.jpg

Yes, that is veggie kabob he is chewing on! He now eats fresh food!

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Hip Hip Hoooorayyyy!!! Making wonderful strides!!! Congratulations to you both and keep up the excellent work (play)!! :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Way to go!!! I know how hard it can be to get a birdie to eat fruits and veggies, I had a real hard time with Popsicle. Now she goes mad for carrots and grapes!!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Way to go Pepper, its so frustrating trying to get them to eat veggies, Errol and Flynnie wouldn't touch them at one time, now they nearly take my hand off when I put them in the cage.

WAY TO GO PEPPER
:D :D :D :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
YAY.... you go pepper

I still need to get one of them kabob things... well one she can distroy lol

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I still need to get one of them kabob things... well one she can distroy lol

I make mine outta dowels, or just any small pieces of wood, after they finish the veggies they get to destroy the wood, Brilliant.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
I make mine outta dowels, or just any small pieces of wood, after they finish the veggies they get to destroy the wood, Brilliant.

:33: That's definetely a great idea! :D

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
I use bamboo skewers from the dollar store - they seem to have fun with them and they don't eat it, just chew it up and drop it onto my carpet.

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
yes, of course sharp tip cut off (but after the stuff is stuck onto it). I find blueberries work well to hold stuff on.

Most Reactions