The DNA Results are Back!

JennyB

Mar 27, 2013
Northern Utah
Parrots
Cockatiel - Sunshine - 1990-2014; YSGC Conure - Jellybean - 11 months; Turquoise GC Conure - Jasper - Hatched 1/14
It's been very crazy and hectic around here lately with Spring Break, horse shows, vet visits, inlaws visiting from South Carolina, etc. etc.! But...

We finally got Jasper's leg band removed :) & decided to DNA Jelly while we were there. (Hubby cancelled a work trip, went along, and convinced the receptionist to cover the monster snake in the reception area, while I waited in the truck.) I was even more mortified and embarrassed, but they were so kind & understanding...

All blood/poop tests came back healthy, good weights on both, and barely missed getting to meet one of Jasper's clutch mates. The vet said they acted virtually the same!

Anyway, I couldn't believe how fast we got Jelly's dna results back from the vet, & I just got a message from our breeder this morning...

Drum roll please...
It's a GIRL (Jellybean) & a BOY (Jasper)!
I guess we picked the right names... I'm not really surprised about Jelly, and now that we've gotten to know him, not that much by Jasper! They are getting along so well & seem to love each other, so we'll definitely be keeping separate cages... :D

jennyb-albums-jasper-picture11725-i-m-through-playin-now.jpg

DustytheDusky

Mar 9, 2014
Upstate New York
Parrots
Dusty the Dusky Conure
I've wanted to have Dusty DNA tested. I've been calling him a boy for eight years now. i want to know out of curiosity but I also dont want to be wrong! :)

OP
JennyB

JennyB

Mar 27, 2013
Northern Utah
Parrots
Cockatiel - Sunshine - 1990-2014; YSGC Conure - Jellybean - 11 months; Turquoise GC Conure - Jasper - Hatched 1/14
I know! I've been calling Jasper a girl for only about a month now, but it's already hard to start calling "her" a HIM! ;)

Most Reactions