May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
So, thought I would start this since my flock is pretty fun and maybe someone would like to hear about it. I honestly don't have any exotic or rare parrots, but my life with the budgies is still as crazy and eventful. I'll share a vid of Stormy singing later today.

Anyhow, the flock members are:

1. Stormy (M), 2yrs old. My first budgie, very happy, energetic, and gets along with everyone. He's OBSESSED with singing and does it all day. He's one of the only birds in my flock who can sleep with other birds, so he and Pepper share a sleeping cage. He was a fully-flighted fledgeling, so he's very confident! He LOVES recall sessions and just training in general, and he hangs out with me often.
He flew away in July of last year, them was 2 miles away at a trailer park. When I went to get him from his foster home, his eyes lit up. He recalled, spun, and kissed, he was so happy (then slept for 4 days straight upon returning home).
I gave him (along with his late friend, Sky) to my sister to foster (in March 2021) when my mental health got bad, then she refused to give him back, and eventually neglected Sky to death. I got him back, finally, and he's been living the budgie dream life ever since! He's seen more in his short 2 years of living than most budgies have seen in a lifetime.

2. Picasso (F), almost 1yr old. My second budgie, I got her as a friend to Stormy after Sky died, and she lets me handle her a lot. She'll let me roll her on her back, and will just sit on my shoulder while I walk around. She was clipped as a fledgling, so she's pretty lazy (except during recall sessions). She's honestly a really great budgie to have around, but she will bite anyone that annoys her, so she sleeps alone. She can also be super sweet, though, and loves to sit quietly by my other birds when she's in a good mood.

3. Pepper (M), 7 months old. My third budgie, who I got to be friends with Picasso when Stormy flew away. He spent the first days home (until Stormy came back) hiding under my bedside table. However, he soon proved himself to be a very happy and social budgie! He's definitely NOT my most handleable bird, but he makes up with it in charm and amazing singing ability. He LOVES sitting on my fish tank light (don't worry, I put plastic under the screen lid to protect the fish), which is odd. he's an odd bird, and I love him. He's also my most exotic budge, a violet-mauve cinnamon recessive pied! He was clipped poorly as a fledgeling, so he could fly normally his whole life.

4. Apollo (TBD), 3 months old. My fourth (and probably final) budgie, I got Apollo last week. I was meaning to get a different bird, LuLu, but there was a mix-up, and I got him instead! He was given to PetSmart when his previous owner became too sick to care for him. He currently won't drink, but we're working on that. He also has nighttime anxiety, which I'm also working on. He steps up, gets scritches from a dull bamboo skewer, and has a serious obsession with millet! I am working on diet conversion right now, so I can hopefully get more fluids into him. He's very adorable and social!

Ok, that's my flock's life stories....BLEH

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
This saves me a lot of trouble stalking many old threads to piece stories together so YAY! 😁😁

I was going to say this is the Reader's Digest version of your flock story but I might be aging myself right out of this thread if I did so πŸ˜†

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I REALLY appreciate you, Ollie. You prove that budgies are the exact same as any other parrot and deserve the same respect, and I can't thank you enough for that.
Also your babies are adorable :)

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
This saves me a lot of trouble stalking many old threads to piece stories together so YAY! 😁😁

I was going to say this is the Reader's Digest version of your flock story but I might be aging myself right out of this thread if I did so πŸ˜†
You were trying to put MY flock story together? I should be honored! But alas, Cossie (Picasso) does not approve of being so 'weak'.
I REALLY appreciate you, Ollie. You prove that budgies are the exact same as any other parrot and deserve the same respect, and I can't thank you enough for that.
Also your babies are adorable :)
What the-
ME??? I- wow!!!
Cossie says she is not 'adorable', she is a DRAGON and she is FIERCE and DANGEROUS!!!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
You were trying to put MY flock story together?

Ok well now that I do sound like a weirdo forum stalker lol - before I joined the forum, I was skipping back to page 25 or 100 or such in each subforum for topics I'm interested in, and then reading "forward".

I also have a habit on forums I've been on that have long-term journals, of neeeeeding to read the whole thing before I comment, so I'm all UP in everybird's business circa, oh, 2019 :ROFLMAO:

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Alrighty, here's some budgie β€˜mug shots’
A92AA7E8-58C3-427E-976C-D1EF43E2F06C.jpeg
1C4AEA75-E206-4748-9634-A336377C6E27.jpeg
61A27F5E-BF8A-4ACB-8DDC-FBC513A43BE3.jpeg
2B5E5B7D-E23A-4AFA-A5D6-3606FC674EBC.jpeg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Ok well now that I do sound like a weirdo forum stalker lol - before I joined the forum, I was skipping back to page 25 or 100 or such in each subforum for topics I'm interested in, and then reading "forward".

I also have a habit on forums I've been on that have long-term journals, of neeeeeding to read the whole thing before I comment, so I'm all UP in everybird's business circa, oh, 2019 :ROFLMAO:
I do that all the time :ROFLMAO:
But hey, it's fun

Most Reactions