Alwese

Jul 25, 2010
Media
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Clifford-Scarlet Macaw
Kayko- B&G Macaw
Doogie - Catalina Hybrid Macaw
With our economic situation in the dumps and uncertainty of the future of our Social Security system, I felt the need to get in under the wire and apply for Social Security at age 63 rather than go two more years and be told I could not retire until 70. This has been far more wonderful than I could have dreamed. In addition to spending far more time with my macaws, I can now take them to hospitals, nursing homes, schools, stores and do little impromptu shows for children and adults never spoken to by an animal before. I intend to learn handfeeding and help with one highly overworked friend from birdclub who raises macaws and learn and do new things. I have spent a great deal of time working on projects for my church upgrading lighting, painting, taking down trees, and general repairs. To be away from the constant pressure of my former job is worth far more than the small financial loss of retiring. With the cost of fuel I am saving a fortune just on the commute. Think about your life. Think about downsizing. Dwell on things that matter. Enjoy the things God has given you..... Al

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That sounds wonderful!!! I have a long ways to go.... :/ I want to retire now though...lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts