The Queen of England and her Budgies

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...the-queen-still-has-her-budgerigars-06gfskpw8

Cloistered away at Windsor Castle, unable to see her family, kept away from her friends and deprived - most importantly - of the freedom to go out riding, the Queen is discovering along with the rest of the country the challenges posed by social isolation.

But it is possible that she has been able to find one diversion to help relieve the tedium: her budgerigars.

The Queen’s love of animals — in particular, her horses and her dogs — is well known. Much has even been written about her homing pigeons.

Her Majesty’s budgerigars are, however, one of the least well-documented of the Queen’s interests. And, living as they do in an aviary close to the Queen’s private apartments at Windsor Castle,

Well this is how much I could read! If any of you are subscribed to the times, please do share the rest of the article. It was fascinating to read.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Attempted to connect and found the (or a) server not connecting or allowing connection.

Likely a great read, and worth trying again. Most News outlets will allow access to their site's older documents after a couple of weeks. Not sure if that applies to this group.

OP
Cardinal

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.

Thank you so much GaleriaGila. That was really so good.

I am so glad that the Queen of the Britain loves "liberty" budgies rather than the so called "British" budgies. Hope more of her subjects emulate her example

:greenyellow::greenyellow::greenyellow:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Dang! I guess when you are queen you can get the best care for you billion budgies lol! It's almost like they just gave up--"oh yes, more babies...we are a royal family...we love babies" lol

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
Wow! 100+ budgies, that’s wild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions