The stand off

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I love him I really do but just at this moment we are looking at each other from opposite sides of the room. It's Christmas in case anyone hasn't noticed and my lovely neighbours who are in their 80s keep their newspapers for me to use for Syd each week. I have bought them a box of special Christmas biscuits as a thank you from Syd and myself and I put them on the table ready to wrap elegantly and deliver.

In the time it took me to find the scissors, tape etc Syd had descended. Tell me! How can such a little bird wreak such havoc? In seconds he had ripped a whole corner out of the packaging rendering the gift completely useless. When I turned and saw the damage I yelled. He took off and landed on the back of a chair eyeing me as if I was some kind of large hungry eagle. He is lucky not to be ending up on my Christmas table!

To add insult to injury he is now nesting on top of my head as if butter would not melt....! I do love him I really do!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Are you absolutely certain that the gift is useless? Might it not just be seen as a token of Syd's "gratitude" for all of those newspapers of which he's been the lucky recipient this year?? :)

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Are you absolutely certain that the gift is useless? Might it not just be seen as a token of Syd's "gratitude" for all of those newspapers of which he's been the lucky recipient this year?? :)
Oooh now that is a thought. Would they really believe me? They have met him briefly - they are not so mobile these days - they think he's sweet. Little do they know his Jeckle and Hyde tendencies! I have to say he has really wreaked havoc but now TBH I quite fancy the biscuits myself. Oh dear - is that naughty? Covid permitting I need to revisit the shop anyway before the Christmas closing so I can see a replacement arriving here, but Syd will be safely locked up! :love:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
T00t, to me, a little personalised embellishment like that as a token of Syd's esteem would make the gift just that much more perfect :) I hope COVID doesn't stop you from popping down to the shops for a little extra treat for yourself either - 'tis the season after all ;) 🎅

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think a cookie was already eaten! ;) ;) ;)

So funny and so true.
Did you see my pie with a raptor foot print???? Penny just had to land on my pie, and it was 100% on purpose

Most Reactions

Latest posts