The story so far

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I was minding my own business while Syd sat on my shoulder. For no reason that I am aware of he bit my ear. Not hard enough to draw blood but enough for me to give an involuntary cry. I pushed him off my shoulder, deposited him on a play perch and left the room.

After some minutes I returned to find Syd perched on the back of a chair looking at me hard. I ignored him and busied myself. Slowly he edged towards me until he flew once again to my shoulder. Peering around to me he was greeted with a firm 'OFF'. After a couple of repeats which convinced him I was serious he climbed onto a work surface and I moved away from him. Little by little he has got nearer until now at my computer he plonked himself down in front of me looking for a discussion. The conversation went like this.

Me - you are a naughty boy!
Syd - Good boy
Me - No, you bit me, you are a naughty boy
Syd - I'm sorry baby (with a look that really looked as though he was.

How can I compete with that? I laughed, he perked up and climbed back onto my shoulder chirping 'Good boy Good Boy!' He is now happily snuggling at the back of my neck.

Ok Syd, you win.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL, at least he showed some remorse. When Salty gives me a bite, he is more like "Stupid human, I gave you fair warning! Wanna go two for two?"

Most Reactions

Latest posts