Think Parrots 2018

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Just saw this, may be an idea to mark in your calender's fellow Brits! Went this year and I am 100% going to be around for this one!

23659213_1930952460256020_4307325389061840663_n.jpg

Loz

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Parrots
Dora - Green-rumped parrotlet ♀
Where in the UK is this located please? Also, what does it involve? I've not heard of it before!

OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
it's normally held at Kempton park.

Pretty cool event, Northern Parrots normally sponsor it and have a large area where they sell toys and treats, a couple vets go there and have stalls talking about stuff, Birdline normally go with a stall for charity donations with a couple little parrot toys then there are talks done by behaviorists and stuff on ideas for training parrots. And of course people take their parrots with them to go socialize and meet other people.

Is pretty fun for a day out and a good opportunity to get some cheap toys and bits

Amadeo

Mar 29, 2018
UK, North West, Lancashire
Parrots
Sherbert (Male Cockateil, Grey with Emerald/Olive),
Moth (Female Budgerigar, Pied),
Melia (Female Budgerigar, Dilute)
I've heard if this. It's being sponsored by Northern Parrots (online shop) and is all over the magazine I read.
Unfortunately Kempton is awfully far away from me, with it being in the south, visiting would mean a good 7 or so hour trip and hotel stay.
If anyone gets some photos of the event please share them!
I was pumped to hear about a purely parrot event being held in the UK, only to have my bubble burst by just how far away it is from me.

OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
I'm almost certain there are other events up north being that there seems to be a larger population of parrots, being that kempton is practically on my doorstep I'm going to be going there

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm almost certain there are other events up north being that there seems to be a larger population of parrots, being that kempton is practically on my doorstep I'm going to be going there

Let us know if you bring something home! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts