Think Parrots UK

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone here will be going to the Think Parrots convention near London this weekend?

It'll be my first time going and I'm just wondering what to expect? I know there'll be talks and toys/cages being sold but is it normal for breeders and sellers to be at these events? I'm desperately searching for a trustworthy person to get myself a new bird and everywhere I look it all feels strange. That being said I've never bought an animal from a private seller before

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hi I hope you enjoy TP 2017. Make sure you have tickets for the master classes as usually very good. Comprises Master classes and then there are plenty of stalls selling birdie stuff but no birds.

TBH Stafford show could be better for making contact with a breeder. Have a look at the Parrot Society website.

OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
it was a lot of fun! I met some very friendly birds there. Had the Eclectus meeting going on at one point! 4 of them all just meeting each other for the first time and everyone got on.

I did meet a very sweet cockatoo there which cemented my reluctance to ever have one. Also met the sweetest quietest sun conure you could imagine, the budgies were louder than him!

I also got talking to a rescue which seems like an idea for the future, although my mum told me they think an african grey is right for me which I disagree with (them beaks look painful along with plucking issues and my more unstructured lifestyle)

Most Reactions

Latest posts