Jun 11, 2007
South Carolina
Parrots
one Male red-sided Eclectus
four parakeets
seven cockatiels
two cats
two chinchillas
My husband and I added three new birdies to our home this weekend. We started out with a pair (I'll post pictures tonight) which my hubby bought from a bird show. I was out of town so he took me to the bird show yesterday (talk about a kid in a candy store!) And I just fell in love with a little peach face.
My main question is, can we keep the three of them together or will one get left out? So far they've been snuggling all together to sleep and preen. I've read that lovebirds can get aggressive and I don't want any confrontations.
We can take one out and give him his own cage upstairs in our office where we spend a lot of time.
Any suggestions?

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Oh, how nice, we sure are expecting some pics....:D

I do not know that much about lovebirds, though there are good lovebird parronts in here like Indigo whose birdies have recently bred and Genlisae.

Good luck, keep us updated on how they get on!:D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah we definately want pics. :D

I was reading yesterday about lovebirds, and it was saying that 1 will be more friendlier toward the human than having two, two tend to bond with each other. How true is that. well I don't know, I don't have lovebirds, Think Indigo would be able to help ya more on this one.

When I think of lovebirds I alway think of two or more, never one :confused:

OP
kiwismom

kiwismom

Jun 11, 2007
South Carolina
Parrots
four parakeets
seven cockatiels
two cats
two chinchillas
Here are pictures of the new babies as promised. In order we have Bluebell, Buttercup and Peaches. :D

Attachments

• blue bell.jpg
    blue bell.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10,990
  • buttercup.jpg
    buttercup.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,735
  • peaches.jpg
    peaches.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 512

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
They are so cute! I love lovebirds. I am sorry though, I don't know that much about their personalities though so I can't help with the questions. But thanks for sharing the pictures!

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
They are so nice!:D

What if you keep them separately but in the same room so they can all see each other, if you see that Peaches doesn't like it alone or isn't happy then get him a friend too....:D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
They are beautiful, thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Yeah another baby, that would work out great. :D

OP
kiwismom

kiwismom

Jun 11, 2007
South Carolina
Parrots
four parakeets
seven cockatiels
two cats
two chinchillas
Well, I have thought about that, Peta. Last night we set up a cage for Bluebell in our bedroom and let him stay with us while we worked in our office. He decided to take a nap in my hair. So, we'll see how that goes. If he's too lonely, we'll figure something out.

My hubby was too cute though setting up the cage. I walked in to go to sleep and he was in bed making extra toys. Can you tell he likes birds? :03:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Aww they are cute...
as for personalities, I have heard and could be wrong, that they can get mean to new birdies... exsample I remember hearing: you have a bonded pair, and one dies, and you try and get the remaining one to bond with a new lovie and it will be mean to the to him/her
but thats just what I have heard and I could be 100% wrong :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts