Tips for Bonding and Building Trust

jacko

Jun 7, 2019
Hi Everybody, Those tips and tricks seem to be the answer to my problem only where would I buy a clicker? I live in the UK by the way, anyone any suggestions?

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 5 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hi Everybody, Those tips and tricks seem to be the answer to my problem only where would I buy a clicker? I live in the UK by the way, anyone any suggestions?

Have you tried Amazon?

Scott

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A mechanical clicker with crisp distinctive sound is best, however there is a smartphone app for that! In IOS (and likely Android) search for "dog clicker" and you'll find several choices.

I know this only because I downloaded one for a rather odd use at work. (too long of a story to post, but it was labor union related :D)

Inger

Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
A mechanical clicker with crisp distinctive sound is best, however there is a smartphone app for that! In IOS (and likely Android) search for "dog clicker" and you'll find several choices.

I know this only because I downloaded one for a rather odd use at work. (too long of a story to post, but it was labor union related :D)

I’m now having visions of you clicking/rewarding the well-behaved employees! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

Not all of us use clickers. I don’t have enough hands for a bird, a treat, a clicker, trick props, etc. Instead, I use a high-pitched, excited YES every time Bumble does what I want her to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cneuhauser

Jul 9, 2020
Cary NC (hate it), LF Job in Moab UT or elsewhere
Parrots
Dusky Conure, Male Ekkie
I can only add to this "permission based" interaction...

Whenever I want to hang out with my birds (which is right when I get home from working out at the gym after work)...I first walk over and open the cage door, then I start pulling out my dinner and doing chores. Usually by the time I'm in the bathroom getting ready for a shower my Conure has already found me to say hello and jumps in the shower with me. Just our daily routine I guess, then it's meal time, then we watch a few minutes of NetFlix, then he flys off to his cage to go to bed and I head off to bed myself.

PERFECT ROOMIES!

BirdLover97

Sep 6, 2020
I just got a green cheek conure as my first bird and would love to have it start trusting me so I can have a nice bond. I will try your suggestions, but if you guys have anything else to add that'll help me bond with my first bird, that'll help out a lot!

Scott

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I just got a green cheek conure as my first bird and would love to have it start trusting me so I can have a nice bond. I will try your suggestions, but if you guys have anything else to add that'll help me bond with my first bird, that'll help out a lot!

This is the best single thread in the forum for bonding and building trust. You are welcome to post a specific thread in the conure forum or wherever desired. You'll received far more specialized responses.

Most Reactions

Latest posts