Tips/help very much appreciated!

JimmyLorikee

Feb 14, 2018
Essex, England
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet - Ringo - 3 months old
Hi,

My name is Jimmy, my partner and I have recently become Rainbow Lorikeet parents to our gorgeous boy Ringo!
We have never owned a bird before so we are totally new to this.
Today is our 3rd day having him and wanted to ask for some help on how to bath him and gain his trust etc.
He is 14 weeks old currently.

We are fully aware that it won't take overnight, however he still won't 'step up' onto our hands to take him out his cage. So we have been enticing him with honey or fruit, should we be doing this?
We don't want to be forcing him out of his cage as we don't want to stress him or make him uncomfortable, however he will only come out once enticed.

Also how should we go about bathing him? We have tried a shallow sorcer of Luke warm water which he didn't enjoy, but we were told he must bath daily due to his sugary diet, so what should we do?

As I said we have only had him 3 days so I'm sure this is normal, but any help/tips about ANYTHING will be appreciated greatly!!

Thank you so much in advance, and Ringo says hi!!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
A few days is such a short amout of time... my advice would be to take things really easy for a good while. Let Ringo get used to his new world. We have some Lorkikeet lovers here, and I'm sure they'll be along to offer some personal advice, but meanwhile, the SEARCH tab above is really good for turning up threads that are packed with great advice.
I'm short on time just now, but I'll check back to make sure you're getting along well.
Good for you for reaching out.
I'm glad you three are here!

OP
JimmyLorikee

JimmyLorikee

Feb 14, 2018
Essex, England
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet - Ringo - 3 months old
A few days is such a short amout of time... my advice would be to take things really easy for a good while. Let Ringo get used to his new world. We have some Lorkikeet lovers here, and I'm sure they'll be along to offer some personal advice, but meanwhile, the SEARCH tab above is really good for turning up threads that are packed with great advice.
I'm short on time just now, but I'll check back to make sure you're getting along well.
Good for you for reaching out.
I'm glad you three are here!

As I said I'm sure I'm worrying too much I just don't want to do anything that could upset him 🙈
I've been searching through threads but haven't had much luck, guess we'll give him a week or so to settle!
Thank you so much for your help!

Most Reactions

Latest posts