Tips on how to find my budgie a better home?

Apr 3, 2023
United Kingdom, England, Cheshire
Parrots
Budgies:
Makisig (4/11/2020)
Mayumi (4/11/2020-1/4/2023) Best friend of me and Makisig, our sibling, the one we cherished. Please fly high for us and don’t stop at nothing ♥️♥️♥️
I’ve made my choice and I’m planning to re-home my budgie so he’d be in a better situation.
The only problem is that I don’t know how to find somebody to personally meet up with who can have them as his forever home.
I don’t want him to be hoarded, used for breeding purposes or constantly re-homed after that because I know how many cruel people could take advantage of him.
I just want tips on how to find somebody who would be willing to be his surrogate parent for the rest of his life.
I know this will be a hard decision as I absolutely love him with my whole soul but it would be better for me to never see him again while he lives a better carefree life than now instead of him being unintentionally neglected because I couldn’t keep up with him, leaving a gaping hole which could have never been torn.
Times have been hard but it would be in my best interest if I found somebody better for him.

Attachments

• 2141B0FF-3B98-4506-A4DB-0C2D3A47B90C.jpeg
    2141B0FF-3B98-4506-A4DB-0C2D3A47B90C.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 28
May 20, 2023
California, USA
Parrots
Talking Fancy Lutino Parakeet, 2yrs old- 37 word vocabulary. Named Otto Von Ruthless
I’ve made my choice and I’m planning to re-home my budgie so he’d be in a better situation.
The only problem is that I don’t know how to find somebody to personally meet up with who can have them as his forever home.
I don’t want him to be hoarded, used for breeding purposes or constantly re-homed after that because I know how many cruel people could take advantage of him.
I just want tips on how to find somebody who would be willing to be his surrogate parent for the rest of his life.
I know this will be a hard decision as I absolutely love him with my whole soul but it would be better for me to never see him again while he lives a better carefree life than now instead of him being unintentionally neglected because I couldn’t keep up with him, leaving a gaping hole which could have never been torn.
Times have been hard but it would be in my best interest if I found somebody better for him.
Look for a bird rescue. I'm sorry you're going through tough times and having to re-home your birdie.

Most Reactions