To day is the day I'm leaving Albie for a week

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I have everything set up for him.

I've a camera set up, his dinners ready, my mil dinners ready (she's been making all her friends jealous hahah)

Why do I feel so worried about leaving him?

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Don't forget to stop at Carphone Warrhouse if you don't have a reasonable international plan! You can get 15GBs for £20 and be able to check in on him whenever you are! Scotland is 5 hours in the future from the East Coast so you can even watch him sleeping a bit as the darkness takes hold out there haha (be.prepared for short days).

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Don't forget to stop at Carphone Warrhouse if you don't have a reasonable international plan! You can get 15GBs for £20 and be able to check in on him whenever you are! Scotland is 5 hours in the future from the East Coast so you can even watch him sleeping a bit as the darkness takes hold out there haha (be.prepared for short days).
I live in England so it'll be fine 🥰

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
I live in England so it'll be fine 🥰
Yo, do me a favor and tell me if my observations were correct in how trash the internet was in Scotland versus England lol. It didn't stop me from going every year to Scotland and I only went to England twice for conferences, but, uh, man, it was garbage when I went.

In any case, keep us posted! :love:

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Yo, do me a favor and tell me if my observations were correct in how trash the internet was in Scotland versus England lol. It didn't stop me from going every year to Scotland and I only went to England twice for conferences, but, uh, man, it was garbage when I went.

In any case, keep us posted! :love:
I think it depends on where you go and what provider your with. I've gone to a very small town in the middle of no where that has bad interest, and the same could be said for middle of no where England

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Tha k you, I appreciate that
I think you said you're using a nanny cam. Are you using just an IP camera or are you using anything through the cloud? How do you like it so far now that you're away?

Littlechris123

Aug 18, 2021
Media
Worksop nottinghamshire
Parrots
Pineapple conure
You've got this. Deep cleansing breaths... All will be okay, and Albie will be so happy to see you when you return. (Even if he's a little mad at first) :)
I was told when i left my matya to facetime her wow it worked ....yes i did get a nip when we got back she was so happy i was home i was worried at first but after the facetime relaxed me more 😌☺

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I think you said you're using a nanny cam. Are you using just an IP camera or are you using anything through the cloud? How do you like it so far now that you're away?
Its an ip camera that we can connect to via its app

He seems happy and content so that's good.

Portsoy is a beautiful little village, I'd move here if I could.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
We video called this morning and albie is doing great. He's started contact calling mil when she leaves the room and is settled and happily preening /napping in her presence. He's even been playing peek a boo with her!

Most Reactions

Latest posts