Toby The Great Protector saved my life today

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Toby The Eclectus saved my life today. I was about to take a sip from this huge 40-ounce Yeti tumbler when it happened. Toby with his ever watchful eye saw that the tumbler was going to kill me and he screamed one of those blood curdling eclectus screams. Startled, I immediately dropped the tumbler, dumping all of its contents all over my keyboard and mouse and onto the floor... but, I was alive and unharmed! What would have happened if he didn't intervene? What a faithful bird.

I had been wondering why Toby would suddenly burst out with weird sounds at seemingly random times in the day. I just figured out it was every time I raised the tumbler to take a drink. He hates it, probably because the sound the ice makes when it shifts. I'll be drinking from a glass with a straw from now on... if he will allow it, of course.

So, do you have objects that your bird protects you from?

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh my gosh what a good bird Toby!!!

Cotton saves us from every low flying jet from the nearby airport - if he didn't alarm call they would surely land in our yard! Good job buddy!!

(I know rumbling flying things are a pretty rational object to, well, object to, but it warms my heart anyway)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Ya know, I can't really say that Salty protects us from anything. He's perfectly fine if that electric razon eats my face or if Geri's slippers entrap her feet. He, on the other hand, requires liberation from all sorts of things, some of which he has seen every night of the 7 years he has been alive. That pillow on the couch - that one with the stripes on it. Excuse me, Dad, but I swear it moved all by itself, creeping towards me, flashing that evil zipper! THere! It just moved again! AAHHH !! EEeekkkk !! Closer! I am bugging outa here, man! Asta La Vista, baby, I am gone, gone, gone!

And away he runs.

OP
WingDing

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Ya know, I can't really say that Salty protects us from anything. He's perfectly fine if that electric razon eats my face or if Geri's slippers entrap her feet. He, on the other hand, requires liberation from all sorts of things, some of which he has seen every night of the 7 years he has been alive. That pillow on the couch - that one with the stripes on it. Excuse me, Dad, but I swear it moved all by itself, creeping towards me, flashing that evil zipper! THere! It just moved again! AAHHH !! EEeekkkk !! Closer! I am bugging outa here, man! Asta La Vista, baby, I am gone, gone, gone!

And away he runs.
Obviously, Salty can see something you, a mere human, can't see. Maybe the the pillow is controlling your mind and only Salty knows about its evil powers over you. Like, if you're 5 minutes late with breakfast, he knows it was the pillow that made you get distracted from the one important thing.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow protects me from laundry carts, Dustbusters. Ladder trucks and the scary garbage trucks with the robotic arm.

Jasper tries to protect me but I end up bleeding a bit.

OP
WingDing

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Willow protects me from laundry carts, Dustbusters. Ladder trucks and the scary garbage trucks with the robotic arm.

Jasper tries to protect me but I end up bleeding a bit.

Living with birds often brings true meaning to the phrase "love hurts". Jasper loves you with great passion for sure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts