Toy safety

tanyamitchellrn

Nov 17, 2017
Northwest Illinois
Parrots
Kaya Cockatoo, EJ Amazon, Pepper African Grey, Casey IRN, Glen Sun Conure
Dog bones? We just bought a used cage (HUGE) for our vacation home. Of course I cleaned it well but they left the toys in it as well. I threw them away but Iā€™ve been thinking about the toys because they were neat. Someone drilled holes in a large dog bone and strung other toys off of it thru those holes. What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowbird

Jun 13, 2018
California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I have a question about a particular toy. I normally shop online as I donā€™t have a huge selection of toys for by cockatiel, Princess, to choose from. Anyway, I found a bell on eBay that is stainless steel. It is supposed to be very durable. It has a receding clapper to keep birds from removing the clapper and possibly choking on it. My concern is that it says itā€™s unbranded and made in China. I have heard stories about lead paint and other things that have killed animals. I havenā€™t heard anything about stainless steel though.

My question would be, do you think buying a stainless steel bell for my bird that is unbranded and is from China is a bad idea? Or do you think a stainless steel bell should be okay since it doesnā€™t have any paint or anything like that?

Thank you for any comments or help with my question.

Most Reactions

Latest posts