toys not for birds but for birds

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
thought it would be fun to make a little "game" for showing products that arent marketed towards birds but would be great for the right bird.

I'll go first; this is marketed for rabbits but if you have a floor shark like me it might come in handy for toys on the ground. you could easily make it yourself too.
https://www.chewy.com/oxbow-play-table-small-animal-toy/dp/226841

moon1964

Jun 8, 2018
Washington
Parrots
double yellow-head amazon...Angel
blue-front amazon...Blue

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
This is targeted towards us humans for the bothersome daily chores, but my bird thinks this is the absolutely best thing ever invented

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Cu_T...-Clamps-for-Towels-and-Socks-Baby-Clothes.jpg

Pascal is playing with a very similar clip for DAYS. When he starts playing with one, it goes on for at least next 30 minutes, just throwing it around and dragging it around... it has lots of smaller holes where he can grab it. He will always preffer his purple clip than any cat balls with bells. those are good only to grab and throw to the bottom of his cage.:18:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
This is targeted towards us humans for the bothersome daily chores, but my bird thinks this is the absolutely best thing ever invented

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Cu_T...-Clamps-for-Towels-and-Socks-Baby-Clothes.jpg

Pascal is playing with a very similar clip for DAYS. When he starts playing with one, it goes on for at least next 30 minutes, just throwing it around and dragging it around... it has lots of smaller holes where he can grab it. He will always preffer his purple clip than any cat balls with bells. those are good only to grab and throw to the bottom of his cage.:18:
Hi! On this toy, just keep an eye on how your little one plays with it! That metal spring can lead to heavy metal poisoning, if there’s too much interest in it!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Hi! On this toy, just keep an eye on how your little one plays with it! That metal spring can lead to heavy metal poisoning, if there’s too much interest in it!
I hear you, that was bit of my concern as well. He was more interested in dragging it all around and chewing on the plastic around it. The plastic clip is gone now, forever. He managed to chew the plastic so badly it just fell apart :D He was playing with those plastic parts (and the metal fully gone now) but it seems it got lost somewhere. His new obsession is the "tank trap" (that's what my partner calls it), it's a simple plastic ball with holes and I put in some soft wooden sticks through it, he adores chewing on the wood, plus, it doesn't roll off so easily off his play stand!

Most Reactions