Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
I’ve got two adult jenday conures( why is this always the way I start my posts) and I’m interested in getting them to be recalled trained and up the step up training. They are extremely fast learners and I’m fully prepared to put in the time and effort! They’ve got the special treats and a clicker. When I first got them the male stepped up and even had been recalled trained) id put a finger up and he’d come flying to me!) but now he doesn’t do that anymore. After that they became out of control and thank to their fast learning I’ve been able to get them to step up off a platform and my shoulder (sometimes). The good news is that the female , who was terrified of hands steps up!
However, I’m confused on what to do from now. Anyone have any next steps and tips for recall training?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I would start with having them step up onto your hand, with the hand held close to the training perch, and then slowly increase the distance. But develop a specific command for this recall, so they can know the difference between step up and recall. And as with any training, Be consistent, Be immediate in treat and Be patient!

Most Reactions

Latest posts