tricks I started working on with Lincoln

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I worked with lincoln for maybe an hour total today on 3 brand new tricks to him. They're not perfect but goes to show how fast birds learn
[ame="https://youtu.be/EIfdMl9LQmc"]more tricks - YouTube[/ame]

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww, Lincoln, you smart, handsome little man. Yay!

BTW Owlet, it's so nice to see you back around! Hope you're doing well. :)

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Very nice! Lincoln is clearly learning and that's important. You will see that after awhile he will come to your training sessions ready to learn new things and his pace of picking things up will accelerate. Try introducing some hand tricks like lying on his back in your hand, shake hands, wave Hello, give high 5, those are pretty easy and dont cost anything! Great trick props can be found in infant dept of any toy store and the materials are safe. Some other ones that are inexpensive - desk top magnetic dart board (cost maybe $3.00USD), toddler pretend vegetables (try to find the wood ones), and colored stacking rings. About color - maybe its just Salty F-ing with me, but even after years and years of doing or trying to do color association tricks, he still puts red rings on a blue post or puts green rings in yellow boxes. Maybe our 3 cone eyes see color differently than parrots 4 cone eyes. But again, he could just be f-ing with me.
Try to avoid buying tricks from the Bird T---ks site, all they do is resell readily available things with a huge mark up. If your handy, you can knock together a wooden slide really easily.

Great work with Lincoln, who has a special place with me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts