Trying to cope with the unthinkable.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My mother is in the end stage of life, so I brought her home to live with me.

I hired what I thought was a reputable caretaker agency to watch her during the day when I am at work.
I gave them all the precautions to be taken with parrots in the house, explicit instructions to be followed.

The caregiver ignored them, and poisoned all my birds.

ALL OF MY BABIES ARE DEAD!!!

The "reputable agency" ghosted me after it happened, and hired an attorney. They are taking the position that they are not responsible. Even though their caregiver, you know, poisoned them...

Those of you who know me, and my birds, know what they meant to me, and know the kind of life and interaction I gave them.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My mother is in the end stage of life, so I brought her home to live with me.

I hired what I thought was a reputable caretaker agency to watch her during the day when I am at work.
I gave them all the precautions to be taken with parrots in the house, explicit instructions to be followed.

The caregiver ignored them, and poisoned all my birds.

ALL OF MY BABIES ARE DEAD!!!

The "reputable agency" ghosted me after it happened, and hired an attorney. They are taking the position that they are not responsible. Even though their caregiver, you know, poisoned them...

Those of you who know me, and my birds, know what they meant to me, and know the kind of life and interaction I gave them.
Oh my gosh.

This is so heart breaking to read and I can't even fathom what you are going through; losing one is like having your heart ripped out, but losing them all at the same time...I'm so sorry and I know that doesn't even help in the slightest.
Over a year ago I lost a bird very precious to me, she had such a fiery spirit but in the end our time together was only meant to be short and sweet.

I have read some of your threads and know how much you loved your birds even though I don't know you well at all. I hope you find it in your soul to be happy again, trust me, one day you will be.

Again I'm so very sorry, fly high little ones, over the Rainbow Bridge.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My God, Mark, this is absolutely shocking, I am utterly devastated for you! Losing one precious life is dreadful enough but this? I'm so sorry, I have no words, my heart goes out to you. Oh rest easy, beloved ones, your daddy will love you forever!!! πŸ’”

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
This has made the bottom drop out of my stomach 😫 I can't hardly take the shock of reading this.......

This is horror pure horror

I do not know how to fully express my compassion for you, my sorrow. Im so very sorry for your loss . I pray for your strength, for your protection of spirit

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
That is horrifying and equally monstrous that their response is to lawyer up; they already know they’re at fault IMO.

Unfortunately many people who have no business caring for any living thing seem to be drawn to the caregiver business. I hope you can throw the book at them, although I know it won’t bring your babies back. I am so sorry you are going through this; I’m sure they knew in their last moments that they were loved.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
OH No.
I can’t imagine what you are going through.

are you having a necropsy performed?
Need to know what chemical/s caused them to die.
I can’t think of any medicine that would be given to a hospice patient that would be so toxic to birds.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Mark, My Dear Friend. Know that we wish you huge, warm Amazon Feather Hugs and that you and yours are in our prayers.

While you have your mother still with you, comfort yourself that she is likely able to help with your sorrow in the loss of your feathered family members.

I have no words as such an occurrence only adds to your heartache. Know that we stand with you Dear Friend.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm so sorry. In fact, words can't describe how sorry I am. Losing one is painful enough, but all of them at once...
I don't think I can make you feel better, but here's a hug anyway πŸ«‚

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mark, I can't even imagine. I know how much you loved your birds, they were family.
I am so sorry, I don't even have words for it.
Please know that we are all here for you.
My heart is broken for you, and for your precious flock.

Most Reactions

Latest posts