Trying to figure out my Linnies

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hello to all,

Recently I have adopted a pair of linnies that were told to be a male/female couple. I still have not DNA sexed them and one of them is a grey wing mutation which complicate things to observe their subtle sexual dimorphism.

They are really good companions to each other and seems to coppulate frequently, but so far no eggs. Most frequently it seems the coppulation ends too short to be effective.

Linnies coppulate side by side and most of the times the female has the initiative but once the male corresponds she looses interest. Has anyone observed this before?

Is it possible that she is not yet ready as we are in the winter here and days are a bit shorter?

Does anyone knows if it is common for linnies to have same sex coppulation? I know many birds can produce same sex couples, but have not heard of same sex coppulation in birds.

Thanks for reading, any advise or idea shared is going to be of great help as I have never had linnies before.

Cheers

Last edited:

Most Reactions