Turkey?

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Jello snagged a bit of my boyfriend's turkey sandwich and seemed to go absolutely nuts for turkey. Hes a super picky eater so I was wondering if turkey is something I can offer? It was from trader joes- organic, no horomones or gross stuff added. If not, are there any meats that birds can eat? My old 'zon Bonita loved chicken and chicken bones for the marrow. Thanks!!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Ralph likes turkey too. He also likes chicken and whenever I have baked chicken for dinner I always share a little with Ralph. Those are the only kinds of meat he eats and he doesn't get them too often.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow likes baked turkey, chicken, and pollock (fish). He also likes egg and cheese. Jasper likes a bit of chicken, egg, or cheese. I don’t have meat that often but I try to give him a little bit when I do. He’s having a big molt right now so i should feed him some chicken…
1664165072407.png

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our DYHA loves chicken and turkey legs.
Most Parrots are opportunistic eaters and in their natural range will take advantage of a bug or worm that becomes available. It is not by any means considered as a must have as part of their diet, but a bite here is fully acceptable.

Most Reactions