Turquoise Green cheek conure temperament?

ZoeyBear

Jul 27, 2021
Media
United states
Parrots
Zoey (GCC) R.I.P
R.I.P Skittles (GCC)
I have been reading a lot about turquoise GCC temperament (my bird passed away recently and have been thinking about for my next bird later on in life) and some places say they are very cuddly other places say they are very standoffish. so what is your experience with this mutation, I have had two American dilutes and they both have been very sweet but also bossy and sassy one loved cuddles the other did not as much. what is a turquoise GCC like?

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Across green-cheek-conure color morphs (i.e. turquoise, pineapple, cinnamon, etc) there's no strong difference across personality that can't be accounted to individuals. Even across the Pyrrhura genus, it is my understanding most individuals have the sameish capacity for personality.. and of course individuals shall differ from the other just the same as no two golden retrievers will have the same personality.

D

Deleted member 42416

Yes, definitely individual personalities. We have a turquoise green cheek, Norrie, and he is very snuggly, loves kisses. However, he is like a short quick-tempered mafia boss and definitely is dominant over our 2 sun conures who defer to his every wish. He is jealous when they come for kisses and will only let them have affection once he has gotten his fill.
5F4C4D15-D99F-4C5F-A8F8-BE4149046A34.jpeg

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Green cheeks are still green cheeks regardless of colour, very much like poodles are still poodles whether they are black white red or pati coloured. It doesn't affect their Temperament.

I have an amazing pineapple green cheek (albie) who is the sweetest little snuggle bug one moment and then a terrible terror the next. He's super smart (like, using tools smart) and Sassy and funny, but he also has an absolute temper on him where he's very quick to use his beak to put me "back in line" for what ever wrong I've commited. If you look through my post history, you'll see my ups and downs with him. His absolute favorite thing in the world are his hand snuggles (where he snuggles up to my cupped hand and will happily fall asleep). Despite our ups and downs, he is easily the most incredible, loyal, loving animal I have had the pleasure and privilege of having as a companion, and I say this despite having the most amazing Boston Terrier who passed away 2 years ago (he was a truly amazing dog, but the relationship I had with Oliver was on a completely different level to what I have with albie)

All Species have a behavior/personality generalities that they can fall into, but there will always be individuals that don't fit in with that for various reasons. Some don't like to snuggle but are happy to hang out, some are super loud for what's considered a quiet conure species, some are super stubborn for training whole other are easy,you get the idea.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd I believe is a turquoise and he is both depending on which side he gets out his sleep cage every morning. :D

OP
ZoeyBear

ZoeyBear

Jul 27, 2021
Media
United states
Parrots
Zoey (GCC) R.I.P
R.I.P Skittles (GCC)
Thank you all for the input. I could not find an answer on any other websites, I kinda figured that personality depended on the bird but I wanted to know if the rumors about the turquoise GCC being standoffish were true. my last GCC Zoey died a little bit ago and I am not ready for a bird yet but I was thinking about a turquoise for my next bird when I am ready for one.

Most Reactions