Tweety sweetie!

Jadetober

Jun 21, 2022
Parrots
Indian ring neck
Hi,

Our baby was born in January this year and has been with us for five months now!

I previously posted that Echo was very quiet, this is no longer the case! She is a sweet tweeter now! One little chirp every few minutes if I go upstairs and she makes tweety talking noises which I always reply to!! I must sound like some crazy lady.

She comes out in the morning and around 10am flies around 'shouting' and doing laps, at around 3-4pm she does the same she flies laps and tweets and squawks like a loony for five or ten minutes. Is this normal? She's not distressed or anything I don't think? Nothing seems to trigger her noisy laps!?

OP
J

Jadetober

Jun 21, 2022
Parrots
Indian ring neck
A new picture of Echo!

Attachments

• received_564766441801095.jpeg
    received_564766441801095.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 50

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Sooo cute!!! My Ringneck can't fly but he has the same super noisy running around times in the morning and afternoon! So fun :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Echo is beautiful!
My IRN flies all around the room, much like you mentioned, I think he is just getting his exercise in and enjoying it when he squawks:)

OP
J

Jadetober

Jun 21, 2022
Parrots
Indian ring neck
I think that it's hysterical, she tends not to do it if we have guests so I assumed that it was the joy of flying around that made her shout, she really isn't as noisy as we thought that she would be other than if I try to have a lay in. I just wanted to check that Echo wasn't trying to tell me something.

She does growl at her toys sometimes, like if she can't figure out a foraging toy or if she can't shred one of her toys. I think that it is frustration. She has become so much more vocal but not too loud!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Mine growls too and then does a really exaggerated attack 😂 Echo sounds like she's become so much fun as her personality has developed!

OP
J

Jadetober

Jun 21, 2022
Parrots
Indian ring neck
Mine growls too and then does a really exaggerated attack 😂 Echo sounds like she's become so much fun as her personality has developed!
That's so cute! I like seeing them play! She is certainly starting to show personality but still won't let anyone closer than a meter!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
After six months mine lets me get about a foot away when he's out, and just started taking walnuts from me a couple weeks ago :) It can be a long process but so sweet when things progress!

Most Reactions

Latest posts