Two Cockatoos need a place to stay

HaydenThePirate

Jul 29, 2018
MA
Parrots
"Chicken" Sulfur Crested Cockatoo
"Doge" Moloccan Cockatoo
"Blueberry" Budgie
First off, I love my birds and this is hard for me. I live in MA and I rescued my two cockatoos in 2018, I don't want to part with them but I am working a new job just for this winter and won't be able to care for them during that time, roughly November to May. Chicken the sulfur crested is very socialized, she wears a harness and joins me sometimes to the store or on a bike ride. She prefers men. Doge the Moluccan is more shy but loves to play catch and have his head scratched. They tolerate each other's company but I would never let them interact physically because it scares me to death. I don't clip their wing feathers and they live in a small room instead of in their cages. I saved them from separate bad living situations and I don't want to put them into another, not even temporarily. It would ease a lot of my anxiety if they stayed somewhere well equipped to care for them. I'd be willing to part with them for longer if I could visit them. I'm open to questions.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Do you live near a university or vet school? I bet a zoology or animal behavior student might look upon the winter months as a really great learning experience.

Most Reactions

Latest posts