Two Indians...

HouseofCoco

May 31, 2023
Parrots
1 blue Indian Ringneck and 1 green & Yellow Indian Ringneck
I have these two terrors,
Coco is Blue, 8 months old hand reared
Kiwi is a green and yellow 6 month hand reared. That's the short history. Recently the green terror has taken to chase the bigger blue terror around the house, but the pair will always end up on the same perch and snuggle or eat. The blue has started to become angry when it's time to sleep in his cage, he'll perform and strike at any movement. The green has lost feathers and when they grow back they're bitten off. They have a feather conditioner, vitamins a balanced diet of berries,nuts,seeds vegetables etc. Am I doing anything wrong.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Welcome to the forums!

Do these birds live in the same cage? If they’re fighting like this I would recommend they each have their own cage to sleep/eat/play in but are still let out together if they aren’t hurting each other.

I would take the green one to an avian vet. Feather loss is normal when molting or when a bird is replacing damaged feather, but if he’s pulling them out, he needs blood work to confirm the issue is not a medical one.

What do you mean by feather conditioner?

Their diet sounds good, though I wouldn’t give birds a vitamin supplement unless your avian vet said to do so.

OP
H

HouseofCoco

May 31, 2023
Parrots
1 blue Indian Ringneck and 1 green & Yellow Indian Ringneck
I have these two terrors,
Coco is Blue, 8 months old hand reared
Kiwi is a green and yellow 6 month hand reared. That's the short history. Recently the green terror has taken to chase the bigger blue terror around the house, but the pair will always end up on the same perch and snuggle or eat. The blue has started to become angry when it's time to sleep in his cage, he'll perform and strike at any movement. The green has lost feathers and when they grow back they're bitten off. They have a feather conditioner, vitamins a balanced diet of berries,nuts,seeds vegetables etc. Am I doing anything wrong.
Hi all, I had the two terrors at the vet yesterday. Coco is healthy 118 grams and the aggression is just him being grumpy. Kiwi is is 108 grams and Vit A deficient, that is because of her addiction to sunflower seeds. So there was a change in diet , she got a little medicine and both switched over to the new complete pelletized feed . Kiwi will regrow her feathers in no time. Thanks all

Most Reactions

Latest posts